My Internet Doesn't Work Until Family Safety kicks in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaCheaPet

So I have a big problem with my computer. As said above, I have family safety on my account and I don't know why the internet doesn't seem to work when I start up my computer. I noticed that it doesn't work until the family safety kicks in but on average family safety doesn't even kick in until 5 or 6 minutes later after I log in. My computer is some kind of HP Pavilion it's like 5 years old or so and has Windows 8.1. Can someone help me out? Also like every 3 to 4 hours my computer freezes on me and shuts off completely and I am at the point where I am gonna dump this thing and go buy a Macbook.

etaf

Wayne
if you have time limits setup on the family safety
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/7002-family-safety-time-limits-set-manage-windows-8-a.html
then the account will not be active at those times

Is this what has been set ?

Also like every 3 to 4 hours my computer freezes on me and shuts off completely
Does this happen if you are doing / running certain program ?
Can we have the exact model - is this a laptop or desktop PC

Do you hear any noise , a ticking/clicking when this happens
5 years old
Windows 8 was released at the end of 2012 just over 3 years ago

So did you upgrade the PC to windows 8 ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online