1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my internet explorer isnt working

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gdoming, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdoming

Gdoming Thread Starter

My internet explorer is not opening, i currently have Windows XP on my computer.There is no error message, but when i try to open it (either frm the start menu or from the desktop icon) i get an hourglass, and then nothing. I installed Spyware Doctor and Spyware Blaster and ran them both, but Explorer will still not open. so then i ran HijackThis, and the list if gave me is attached to this post (at least it should be), but i am hoping that someone can tell me if there is something i can delete from the list, (i dont want to delete something that isnt a problem or that i will need later) Anyway, any other advice would be appreciated as well, thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

2. K-Man

K-Man

Hello there. I'm pretty new to this internet stuff myself, but I've had to learn quickly. I wonder if your problem might not be more simple. I had the exact same reaction from my computer, and it was due to improper setup by the Internet Service Provider. There are a number of protocols which need to be configured properly, or you will wait forever on that little hourglass, only to receive a "server not found" message. It could be that you need to speak with your service provider.

Don't just take my word for it though, as I'm learning this as I go too! :eek:

3. rebon

rebon

Assuming you are using xp. You could try to repair IE go here to see how.
    make a restore point before you try just in case.

good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice