My internet icon has the yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it, it says "Windows co

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dcarson108

edit: title should read "My internet icon has the yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings.""

Any idea what the problem? I googled it and none of the solutions seem to help. I think my computer is infected with malware right now. It is heating up quickly and I'm seeing ads in text in websites that don't do that (cbc, reddit, wikipedia). I had this issue a couple of months ago but Spybot seemed to fix the issue.

Recently I noticed my computer was heating faster (and hotter) than usual so I ran a search and it said no threats were found. Not too longer after I start noticing the ads again so I know there is a problem. I have ran the search twice since then and still nothing. I was advised to use ccleaner, malwarebytes, and Super Anti-Spyware. It removed one other threat but the problem was still there. I then started using combofix, but I did not like the look of it so I stopped that scan. It seemed a little sketchy.

As of this morning, I'm having the internet problem. My old laptop (the one I'm on now) and my girlfriend's laptop work fine. I connected it with the Ethernet cord and that didn't change anything.

I have Windows 7. It's on a 2010 Samsung (I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not sure about all the other details). I primarily used Firefox, but I just switched to Googlechrome this week (well after the problems began).

Anyone have some solutions? Should I post this in the virus section? Thanks a lot to anyone that can help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online