1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Internet is ignoring a website?!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Notoorjus, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Notoorjus

Notoorjus Thread Starter

Whenever I try to go to Newgrounds.com, I'll get an error: Can't find this page/ this page does not exist! (same with Clockcrew.cc, witch shares servers with Newgrounds.) It's the same on both IE and firefox. This started 3 days ago, and I've heard it works for other people elsewhere.

:confused:

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Try accessing the site by the IP address instead of the DNS name

Are you able to ping the site?

Regards,
    Rollin

3. joshua2008

joshua2008

it's possible your ISP has blocked access to those sites from some reason
    usally such a block will be done from the dns servers,so try switching to the opendns
    servers , http://www.opendns.com

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Also check your hosts file on your PC and make sure that the site isn't listed as a blocked site. A quick google search should tell you exactly how to do this.

Regards,
    Rollin

5. Notoorjus

Notoorjus Thread Starter

Thanks, but I don't think thats the problem. I discovered the same thing happened to a couple og guys i know, one was from Sweden, one from Finland and I'm from Norway. Northern countries?

6. Carey934

Carey934

I think you're mistaken. Please configure the OpenDNS servers in your computer, as previously recommended, and let us know what happens. It will take less time to test it this way then to guess what to try next without first knowing what the results of this particular test are.

Thanks!

7. Notoorjus

Notoorjus Thread Starter

You misunderstand, I really tried all your tips, with no result! On the Clockcrew forums, some members said they were experiencing the same, (posting from other computers than they would normally do) and they were from certain countries.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/693628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice