My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joeyscott

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much. My intregrated card uses 128mb ram I think. I have 768mb ram and it still says 640mb ram after installing the new card it did not free it up. I guess the old controller is messing with it?

In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card. However it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager
since my new card is using nvidia software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall.
The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess

The card I just installed is 3d fuzion Specifications
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX 4000
Bus Type: PCI
Memory: 128MB

here is the link to more specifications
http://www.3dfuzion.com/cards_4000_pci_128.asp

These are the specifications on my computer

Microsoft windows xp home edition version 2002 service pack 2
Emachines T6528
AMD Athlon 64 processor
3500+
2.21 ghz
it says 640mb ram tho I have 512mb and 256mb rams sticks in it.

Yes, it's usually the Delete key or F1. Dinner's on the table so I can't walk you through it right now but someone will come along and help.

look for something listed such as "primary graphics" and set it to "PCI"
Or there will be something such as "Graphics adapter" or "GPU" or "onboard graphics"
set it to "disable"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts