1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My iPhone 4 sees my Network as "locked" but it isn't???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cuttlefish, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    On my Host PC I recently added a new HDD and reinstalled Vista Home Premium as a clean install.

My Client PC and my Laptop all instantly connected to the wireless network (D-Link) with no problems at all i.e.no passwords etc.

However when I try to connect with my Iphone 4's (2) they both show the locked padlock symbol and ask for a Password to join the network. Prior to the new install of Vista this was never an issue, they both searched for an available network and auto connected to Dlink with no dramas.

I have been into Network Sharuing and disabled the "Password Protected Sharing" and have the main wireless network set up as a Private Home network. I have prowled through all the properties for the networks and ensured everything is set to auto where vapplicable, sharing is set up correctly but no joy.

During the above Vista reinstall, I did press the Dlink Adaptor "Reset" Pb but this did not effect anything that I could see and the Client and Laptop all still connected immediately.

So what have I done? It does all appear to be related to the new HDD installation as it was fine before.

I have been to the Dlink webpage, logged in and checked as much as I can understand there but a little reluctant to start changing things I am not too sure about e.g. the Password(s) therein I have long since forgotten are editable but I live in fear of changing these and screwing up the whole netrwork that is working fine at the moment.

I have also done a Network Reset on the iPhones but again no luck. I have been through every network setting on the iPhones I can find but am obviously missing something, somewhere ..................................?

Any advice would be, as always, appreciated.

Thanks to TSG for 2010 and hope all users and visitors have a great 2011!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    With a PC please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. Identify your network if it is not obvious.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice