My Keyboard and AOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crazyinengla

Hi there Folks, not exactly sure where this goes fo please forgive me, if placed wrongly

im English, i have been hearing of different keyboard settings for different countries.

i'll get to the problem - when i run microsoft word and i hold down the shift button and type 1 to 0 in sequence, i get:

1: !
2: "
3: (the british pound symbol is meant to be here - i cant find it on my keyboard)
4: $
5: %
6: ^
7: &
8: *
9: (
0: )

but, however when i use AOL, buttons 2 and 3 applied with the shift button is different

2: @
3: #

other buttons are also displaying wrong characters for their assigned button, i do hope someone knows what i mean, and would be very grateful if they could help :) because i went to AOL help and they said that this is not AOL related (this is what makes AOL stupid)

now i know it can be fixed because AOL was letting this keyboard do the normal functions before, and it's suddenly changed, jumbling all these characters :eek: :(

crazyinengla

my mate now kinda has the same problem, so anyone know how to fix it?

mine was fixed by turning off the PC - wierd i know...but my mate, still problematic after PC is restarted...

Try holding down left-ALT + SHIFT together and afterwards SHIFT + 3. Do you have your £ sign??

You can alter settings via Start/Control Panel/Regional and Language Settings/Languages/Details.

I have English (United Kingdom) and English (United States) so I guess these are probably both installed by default. If you have UK you could remove the US one if not required. Not sure if there are any options within AOL that are interfering with your settings - you will have to reboot a few times to see if they change.

crazyinengla

well i didnt at the time, but i do now, for some reason as i stated in my last post, it was fixed by turning off the PC, i'll relay this to my mate, see if it helps, thanks :) (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online