1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my keyboard switches

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zakgr, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zakgr

zakgr Thread Starter

Hey there I'm new to the site and I have recently started to get big on gaming, I have been looking into a keyboard I would like and have after a lot of research decided to buy it but I am unsure what switch exactly I should use and was wondering if anyone here could help. So a bit of backstory my parents have always owned a semi decent pc (dell Inspiron 3668 with an improved graphics card) and recently I became old enough to really start enjoying video games on a PC rather than an iPad -recently played a few of my old iPad games and it was painful. Anyway point I'm getting at is having been playing a consistent 3-4 hours a night for 4/5 months and am not showing any signs of stopping so I have decided to gradually upgrade my PC starting with the keyboard (my thinking being it would be the cheapest bar optical drive but I never watch films on my PC anyway) the one I have chosen -fairly high budget as I have quite a bit of money saved up because I don't spend it very often- is the DREVO Tyrfing 88 Key V2 rgb backlit mechanical gaming keyboard. It sells for £49.99, looks beautiful and seems to be very comfortable and user friendly. I understand almost all of what is written and it seems to check all my boxes: mechanical, custom rgb lights preferably with software program to choose colours but then I reached the "switches" part hence why -I'm here- I couldn't make head or tails out of it. I have no clue what any of it meant and which switch would be preferable to me and so that's what I ask you people infinitely smarter than me can someone please try to explain what this means sorry if I'm just being stupid or there's just another thread explaining this but I just flat out don't understand yet I sensed from the text that this was a fairly important decision and would affect my playing. If anyone could help thank you so much in advance and if not or I'm being stupid no worries.
    Thanks,
    Zak
    (link to keyboard)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/DREVO-Tyrf...1552789257&s=gateway&sr=8-8&tag=mh0a9-21&th=1

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Here: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/

It's a matter of personal preference. Major points are pressure needed to move the switch and audible feedback (mechanical switches can be very loud). Some resellers have switch samples (a board with all of the offered switch types attached) so that you can test. Otherwise, goto any local stores and try whatever you can find.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice