1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop feels bit wierd when closed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

I notice that the top part around the hinge seems to have a bit of space (looseness) you want to call it between the two pieces. I gently press on it and notice it will make a creaky/ing sound from the plastic. I dont know if its me or if its common on laptops - but im pretty sure laptops should feel rock solid esp when closed - am I right? I dont know if I should change it. Especially right around the screen if I gently press on it, I can hear the plastic creak quite noticeably and feel space gaps between the plastics. I dont know, this is my 1st laptop, so I dont know how solid laptops are suppose to feel in hand.

from a very worried member
    thanks.

2. shadowcat

shadowcat

Are you saying the plastic casing "flexes"? How long have you had this laptop?

3. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

yes I guess you could call it that.

1 week as of today. 30 days in store exchange

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Why don't you look at some in the store? Without seeing it, we probably can't really tell you what's "normal", but you can examine a bunch of them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice