1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop has a white screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lindddsay, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindddsay

lindddsay Thread Starter

May 14, 2007
    I have a year old laptop and all of a sudden out of nowhere the LCD monitor goes white. I replaced the invertor in the the screen and it was fix for a little while but came back. I am desperate in finding a way to fix this. But, I can tell you that, my laptop is on right now and the screen is white, but I have another screen externally hooked up so I can use the thing. Please tell me this can be solved. I have done hours of research and nowhere have a found someone who has fixed this problem pernamently.. please help!!
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Dec 26, 2002
    I've split you off from the other post. I don't what what it good be, if I was guessing I'd say its a bad connection between the laptop and the screen
  3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Oct 19, 2002
    Or, the LCD controller may have simply failed, hard to know. It's almost certain to be a hardware issue. Does it change when you slowly change the angle of the screen? If there's a place during the open/close cycle where you get a picture, even momentarily, it's probably the cable between the MB and the screen, which can be replaced.
  4. ttctoonfreak4eva

Jan 25, 2007
    I'm Having The Exact Same Problem, the Laptop works perfectly fine on an external monitor. I tried disconnecting the cord and putting it back in but no luck. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5100 so i tried FN+F8 But no luck, Any Help Would Be Appreciated.
    It Started After A Bus Ride, The Screen isn't cracked or anything. :)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573496