My laptop is being weird

Natti2165

Hi! I have been having some trouble with my computer lately and I was wondering if I could please get some help. I have an Acer Aspire 5 and it was working perfectly fine then like two weeks ago it started doing this weird thing where it will glitch. For example, I will be typing on docs or a search engine and the mouse will randomly unclick and I have to re-click to continue typing. It is very frustrating because it happens every 30 seconds so it really slows me down. I've also noticed that it happens when I'm not typing as well. For example, if I have an app open it will unclick and I have to re-click on the app to continue using it. I have no idea what could be causing this. I would really appreciate some advice, thank you! :)

plodr

Liz
First troubleshooting step is to try another mouse.
Post back what happens with a different mouse.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Natti2165:

The Acer Aspire 5 laptop comes in numerous models.
Can you advise us what the exact SNID number is on yours?

Liz brought out a good point.
You didn't clarify if your "mouse" is part of that laptop's touchpad or if it's a separate external USB wireless mouse.

------------------------------------------------

Natti2165

Hi again! my computer has a touchpad. But it just updated and started working normally again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you anyway for responding! :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm glad to hear your laptop's touchpad mouse resolved its issue. (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online