1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop keeps crashing, please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by herring23, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herring23

herring23 Thread Starter

Hi, I've been having these problem for over a month now where my laptop crashes and a blue screen comes up with an error message. This is what the error message says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been stut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000A1E, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF9C7573E)

*** 04I01A.sys – Adress F9C7573E base at F9C4A000, Datestamp 409f4730

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

This happens between every 30-60 minutes when I'm using my laptop. Another problem I'm having is when the screen suddenly freezes, and the only thing I can do then is restart the computer.

I don't know much about computers, so I was hoping someone could explain to me what is going on and what i should do to fix this?

Many thanks

2. herring23

herring23 Thread Starter

Okay, its just happened again, this time the error message is a bit different though:

Run the driver verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers.
    If that doesn't reveal the corrupting driver, try enabling special pool.

Both of these features are intended to catch the corruption at an earlier point where the offending driver can be identified.

technical information:

*** STOP: 0X000000C5 (0X656D4D50, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X8054AE34)

3. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

I think either video card, sound card or other driver is bad, missing, out of date, or simply corrupt.

or.

1. You can flash your bios. Click here to learn how.
    2. Remove each ram stick one by one to determine is a ram stick is stuffed.
    3. If you go through the net with a NIC card, look at updating the drivers.
    4. If you think your memory is bad click here and download memtest from M$. To learn how to use memtest click here.

Here is what Microsoft says about your error message

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Interpreting the Message
    This Stop message has four parameters:

Memory referenced.
    IRQL at time of reference.
    Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
    Address that referenced memory.
    Resolving the Problem
    For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
    For more information about Stop 0xD1 messages, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources. Search using keywords winnt, 0x000000D1, and 0xD1.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!