My laptop lags while gaming!

gaminghardy

I have
Asus ROG Strix GL553 GL553VE-FY127T 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB/Windows 10 Home/4GB Graphics)
which is like 4 years old. Recently I am facing an issue, my laptop lags while gaming and couldn't run even the simplest one(like NFS MW from 2005). I have tried reinstalling my WIndows and other methods given by youtubers but nothong worked. What can I do to sort this problem out?

Check your graphic drivers and update them. Also run some benchmark tools. I believe it's your graphic card that is not working properly.....

gaminghardy

Check your graphic drivers and update them. Also run some benchmark tools. I believe it's your graphic card that is not working properly.....
I checked that out bro. All the drivers are up to date. I tried running HWMonitor and found nothing wrong except the temperature - it was like 89 degree celsius. Whether it is wrong? What can I do next?

Tanis

Shane
Can you download and run the TSG System Info Utility (link below in my signature), copy and paste the info here.

Is the laptop definitely setup to use the dedicated graphics card or is it using the onboard GPU?

Wow 89 degree is way too hot. at 90 the system will crash and restart. I means that your gpu fans are not working properly. check that. If not working clean them. Which gpu you have amd or nvidia ?

Tanis

Shane
Wow 89 degree is way too hot. at 90 the system will crash and restart. I means that your gpu fans are not working properly. check that. If not working clean them. Which gpu you have amd or nvidia ?
I don't agree, it is a higher than average temperature it is not uncommon in gaming laptops. The GTX1050Ti which is the GPU in that laptop is specced up to 97C, obviously cooler is better but it shouldn't cause crashes at 89C.

I checked that out bro. All the drivers are up to date. I tried running HWMonitor and found nothing wrong except the temperature - it was like 89 degree celsius. Whether it is wrong? What can I do next?
Rather than using HWMonitor I would suggest using the Asus specific tools as they are less likely to provide false readings. Try using the Asus Gaming Center which can be downloaded from the Utilities section of the Asus Support page for your laptop

ROG GL553VE - Support (asus.com)
1621423477251.png

Post a screenshot of temps etc from that tool assuming it provides that info (I am not familiar with it).

I have
Asus ROG Strix GL553 GL553VE-FY127T 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i7-7700HQ/16GB/256GB/Windows 10 Home/4GB Graphics)
which is like 4 years old. Recently I am facing an issue, my laptop lags while gaming and couldn't run even the simplest one(like NFS MW from 2005). I have tried reinstalling my WIndows and other methods given by youtubers but nothong worked. What can I do to sort this problem out?
I think it,s a hardware issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online