1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop loves to hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Degler, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Degler

Degler Thread Starter

I have unchecked hibernation, I have ensured that standby is not the option in power management, I have cursed and shouted. Nevertheless, my Acer 1350 - when left untouched for a short time - goes (not to town) but to the logon screen.
    How in the world do I prevent this situation from happening? I want to keep staying in the application picture.
    Regards
    Eagerly waiting Danish Kurt

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That's an interesting problem. :eek:

Do you have all the power options settings set to "Always On" and "Never"(which it should be)? (y)

3. grundelman

grundelman

If all of your power settings in control are as they should be, then you might have to disable ACPM in bios. Just a thought.....

4. Degler

Degler Thread Starter

Oh certainly, and the pc is powered from the mains.

5. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Is your screensaver enabled? If so, go into your display properties, screen saver tab, and uncheck on resume display welcome screen

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Besides not using the advanced power management options(i.e. hibernate, suspend, standby, etc.), I keep the screensaver set to "None". (y)

7. Degler

Degler Thread Starter

:rolleyes: Bingo, you got it! And thank you!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice