My laptop loves to hibernate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Degler

I have unchecked hibernation, I have ensured that standby is not the option in power management, I have cursed and shouted. Nevertheless, my Acer 1350 - when left untouched for a short time - goes (not to town) but to the logon screen.
How in the world do I prevent this situation from happening? I want to keep staying in the application picture.
Regards
Eagerly waiting Danish Kurt

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That's an interesting problem. :eek:

Do you have all the power options settings set to "Always On" and "Never"(which it should be)? (y)

If all of your power settings in control are as they should be, then you might have to disable ACPM in bios. Just a thought.....

Degler

flavallee said:
That's an interesting problem. :eek:

Do you have all the power options settings set to "Always On" and "Never"(which it should be)? (y)
Oh certainly, and the pc is powered from the mains.

Is your screensaver enabled? If so, go into your display properties, screen saver tab, and uncheck on resume display welcome screen

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Besides not using the advanced power management options(i.e. hibernate, suspend, standby, etc.), I keep the screensaver set to "None". (y)

Degler

Paladin-X said:
Is your screensaver enabled? If so, go into your display properties, screen saver tab, and uncheck on resume display welcome screen
:rolleyes: Bingo, you got it! And thank you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online