1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop opens with an WARNING message!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daler, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daler

Daler Thread Starter

Hello,
    Whenever i turn on the laptop, the laptop opens with an warning message, "SMART failure predicted on Hard Disk 0: WDC WD3200BEVT-752CT2- (S1)
    WARNING: Immediately backup your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may Be imminent." and it tells me to press "F1 button to continue" but nothing works even after pressing "F1" button. It just shows the windows loading logo. Plz help me coz i got some important data in my hard disk. :(
    Plz do reply fast.... :)

2. donetao

donetao Banned

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Lets hope it hasnt totally failed if so it will be very expensive to recover anything worth saving.

4. trogdo

trogdo

Chin up, the fact that the SMART is still working and the fact that the computer shows the Windows logo are both good news: you hard drive definitely hasn't completely died. However, some data will probably be lost for good, fingers crossed it's not much of it.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    As soon as you hit the power on button, start tapping the F8 key.

Keep tapping it repeatedly without interruption until the options menu screen appears.

Select Safe Mode and then keep your fingers crossed and hope that Windows loads.

Once the computer settles down from the start-up, you can hopefully recover your personal data.

You didn't say what type and how much personal data you want to recover, so that may have a bearing on how successful you are.

--------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice