1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop screen flickers with random lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alikarem98, Aug 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Alikarem98

Alikarem98 Thread Starter

[​IMG] [​IMG] So two days ago my laptop started to show linen on screen sometimes, when I move a white window into upper left side those lines apper sometimes when I open youtube or something but most of the times its fine.

Please help me and thank you for your reply

Laptop: dell precision m4800

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I'd say you need to take the laptop in for a screen replacement.

3. Alikarem98

But most of the time it works fine even when the lines apper they apper for few seconds then they disapper the then the screen flickers for like a mint then everything back to normal :( + thanks for your reply

I attached some photos when the lines apper only in this fram of the video the rest of the video I doesnt show this

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try updating your GPU driver.

Hardware wise, it could be a) the screen, or b) the RAM on the GPU.

5. Alikarem98

I updated the driver + I connected it to extrnal monitor it didnt do that, I know its the screen but do I have to replace it ? Maybe the wire unplugged a little or something the fact its working probably most of the time ? Or is it slowly dying + thanks again

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you suspect a connection problem, you can carefully open up the laptop and firmly push in the connectors. But if you have never opened up a laptop before, then don't do it.

7. Alikarem98

I oppend lap before but im not sure where to find the screen connections + I dont know if this help but the laptop sometimes electric shock me when I put it in my lap + now it when this happen only the borders start to flickers + thank you very much for your help
    By the way moving the laptop or the lid dosnt cause or fix the problem

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I would re-seat the ram first, that's easy to do and could be the problem, this guide shows how to get to the ram (and the motherboard end of the screen cable if you want to check that but it means more disasembling so I would leave that until last) :- https://www.myfixguide.com/manual/dell-precision-m4800-disassembly/

This video shows how to remove the screen, you could use it to check the cable connection at the screen end.

9. Alikarem98

Thank you so much I will try to do it, I runed a diagnosis on the laptop everything was working fine even the monitor and ram , sometimes when I leave the laptop away it works very fine I lowerd the brightness and its working a little better even in games like dota 2 it never flickers just when very bright stuff like youtube or a window cause this problem to me :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice