My laptop screen show lines and flickers when I move the led

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alikarem98

My laptop started show lines and flickers randomly but recently it started to show wheb u move the led and laptop in genral and they are annoying do much, anyone have an idea about whats causing it ?
Laptop type : dell precision m4600

cwwozniak

Chuck
The most likely cause is a loose or damaged cable that connects the screen in the lid to the motherboard. There is also a possibility that the internal connections inside the screen itself are damaged.

Alikarem98

The most likely cause is a loose or damaged cable that connects the screen in the lid to the motherboard. There is also a possibility that the internal connections inside the screen itself are damaged.
Thanks a lot I will try to check the cable on the mother board, is it replaceable ?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Thanks a lot I will try to check the cable on the mother board, is it replaceable ?
It depends on the design of the display panel for that particular laptop. It may have a socket and use a separate cable to connect to the motherboard or it may have a flex cable built into the display.

Try to connect an external monitor and if you can see lines on it also, the ribbon cable is the problem.
Did you mean that the other way around? If the lines also appear on the external monitor, it usually indicates a problem with the video controller IC or with Video RAM. The ribbon cable would only affect the video going to the built-in LCD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online