My Laptop suddenly cut power for many times

khairil88

Hi im using Compaq Presario CQ45 and ive recently changed the processor from Intel Celeron to Intel i5 2410M. at first the laptop keeps cutting power all sudden in a few minutes of usage and ive monitor the temperature using speccy and its around 60-90°C so ive tried to change one of my 2gb RAM card and replace one of them with a new 4gb RAM card. since then the temperature have drop until 50-60°C but the power do hold longer than before but it still keep cutting it out. so i tried remove the 2gb RAM and leave the 4gb RAM alone. and the laptop do stay longer than before and the temperature are at 40-80°C but its doesnt always goes up to 70°C all the time. what should i do to fix this so that my laptop wouldn't shut down? thanks! :)

Attachments

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
You appear to have a Compaq Presario CQ45-710TU Notebook PC which sold in Indonesia and came with FreeDOS.
Is that correct?

It appears it came with these specs:
Intel Celeron B830 1.80 GHz processor
2 GB DDR3-1600 RAM (supports up to 8 GB)

You replaced its original processor with an Intel Core i5-2410M processor?

cpu1.JPG

cpu2.JPG

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online