1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my laptop wont charge

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ily, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ily

ily Thread Starter

my laptop wont charge my mom said it was a virus but i did all kinds of virus scans but it says it ur laptop doesnt have any viruses on it.help!!! p.s. its windows 7

2. Jackshadows

Jackshadows

That has nothing to do with windows 7 or viruses, you need to check to make sure your charger isnt fried or if the plug is loose from the socket or if the wire isnt broken.

3. ily

ily Thread Starter

well how do u do that cuz its a year old and a few days old cuz i got this laptop last yr on christmas

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Hi,
    Well first of all it could be possible that a charger can become defective after one year (Unfortunately)
    Second, as mentionned by Jackshadows, did you double check to make sure your Charger is properly plugged in and snug. And we are not only talking about the Plug that you plug into the Wall and the other part that you plug into your laptop, but the Plug that is also Connected to the Charger itself, that is a Sneaky one and often missed.

One thing you might give a try is:
    1)Turn off your laptop, close the cover, unplug your Laptop from the laptop itself,
    2)Gently turn your laptop upside down and then Remove the Battery, then leave the battery out, return your laptop in the normal position, plug it in and then
    3)Turn on your laptop, let it run for a couple of minutes and then follow Steps 1 and 2 to put the Battery back in and see if this helps.

This is not a guaranteed method but it has worked on some peoples laptop, seems to be a glitch or something that fails to give the signal to charge the battery.

Best of luck and a Happy New Year
    And if this dosen't work, be patient, others with more experience or a moderator should be along soon enough.
    Ray

5. ily

ily Thread Starter

Before i do that will it delete every thing on my laptop??????

6. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

No, not all ... I know I have done this on my laptop and a few others.

Have a Happy New Year
    Ray

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice