1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My laptop wont connect?!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by blaine291, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaine291

blaine291 Thread Starter

Ok my laptop was working fine until a while later on in the night... i was playing Company of hero's and i had moved my laptop from room to room.. i unplugged my mouse and other things and was using just the laptop itself with no other outward conections. I went to get back online in my room but it didnt allow access to the internet..it said NO INTERNET ACCESS NO CONNECTIONS AVAILABLE..and ive had this problem be4 but it would connect after trying 1 or 2 times.... so i plugged it up to the router with the ethernet cable and its conecting fine but i want it wirelessly yet every time i go to connect it doesnt even detect my families network. and i dont know what to do...if anyone can give me some tips id greatly appreciate it. PS. im only 14 so im not too tech savvy and it would be easier on me if you could thoroughly explain what i'd need to do..:(

2. Dennerpps

Dennerpps

Check to see if you have a button on the laptop that turns your wireless modem on and off, I am not familiar with dells laptops but i know my Toshiba and my HP both had a button that would disable it. [From dell Website] The wireless switch will be either a sliding switch on the left or right side edge of the computer, a key combination or single key, look for the wireless icon. For example on the N7110/17R, N5110/15R and the N4110/14R, press and hold the <FN> key and then press the <F2> key to alternatively turn off or turn on the wireless function on the computer.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you are trying to use the integrated wireless adapter is it switched on?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice