My laptop wont start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blake.Donovan

hi I have a lenovo z50 running Windows 8, a couple years ago it used to take a few minutes to turn on but about after a month it won't display anything. The light turns on and the fan runs but nothing else. I've tried resetting and power cycling and recovery mode but it won't do anything, then if I take the charger out it will beep once.

Please helpp

plug in a monitor if it has a vga jack to see if it is the screen that has a problem. If the external monitor displays OK, then it is a screen problem. Most machines beep once when they start up.

Then it is probably the graphics components or the gpu itself. I don't think it is user replaceable. You would need to take it to a repair shop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online