My laptop won't work [Black screen]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AssassinGreek17

Hello,
My laptop wont turn on(screen) everything is working fine even the lights on the bottom left hand side is on and the fans are working,but not the screen its just pitch black!!!

My laptop: Toshiba Satellite L650D -11E bought it in 2009,Windows 7

last time that worked was back on 2014.I moved from my old house and i forgot that i got it!
When i was searching for my old stuff i found it...(8/4/2017)
i managed to find the battery and the ac adaptor and put it for a test,somehow both of them were working perfect,but the screen was still black.i did some research on the google and tried everything i could do
-Remove power(battery,AC),Press and hold the power button for 30 sec....Nothing
-Remove one ram stick and put it in a different position......Nothing
Then i found an article that someone said if you hold ESC and power button and wait for it to open and then restart somehow that would work...I give that a shot and somehow my Laptop just opened!I don't know how i don't know why but it boot correctly and i was able to use my laptop like normal!But then this happened...after two days (10/4/2017)When windows update said that i have to do a importand update i though that was fine and i agreed to do that update,then i saw this ''Don't shutdown your system blah blah 1 for 130 i had to wait for 45 minutes to finally shutdown.Today i woke up and i open it as usual,when somehow this happened,My laptop screen came back to its ''Normal'' form and it stayed black,i thought that was something that i could fix with the Esc thing,sadly i couldn't fix it.This is a big thread but i wanted to be as specific as possible!(I don't think is a motherboard problem because i was able to boot normal,it might be the update idk you tell me.

Last edited:

texasbullet

Ramon
Might be the graphics card in your motherboard. It may need reballing.
Have you tried connecting it to your Digital TV to see if it works.

AssassinGreek17

Thanks for replying,
Already done that....No sign [I used Fn & F4 to cycle through the options].Still nothing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online