1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Micro SD Card Suddenly Won't Work!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by matmanlives, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matmanlives

matmanlives Thread Starter

I use windows xp.
    now, i have had this SD card for a while now, and it has worked fine since i had it. i first used it in an R4 card for a DS and since for emulated games on my Wii. it was working fine this afternoon, and i have used it on more than one laptop today. including my own since i have been on another.
    but now it has just given up. when i put it in the USB adapter, the adapter is recognised but has no drive letter or volume assigned. when i put it in the wii, again, it is as though there is nothing there.
    i am at a loss as to hat the reason behind this could be, as it was working fine about an hour ago.
    ti connect it to my laptop i use a micro SD adapter into a USB stick, and to go into the wii it is just the micro SD adapter.
    anyone have any ideas?

2. Grob needs help

Grob needs help

is there dust in the connector as this can sometimes be a problem, get a CLEAN paint brush and use it to clean out the connector and try again, this might not be the problem but i have had it as well so give it a go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!