1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My MIDI keyboard isnt an option to use on any music software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vexurath, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexurath

Vexurath Thread Starter

So this has been an issue for a long time but ONLY for my desktop (it works fine on my laptop, but since I have gotten a lot of free time as of recent I want to use it on my desktop). I have tried several different types of music software, Ive tried different MIDI keyboards AND I have checked my devices under sound and they ALL say "working fine". So I don't understand, whenever I try to use my keyboard with a software on my Desktop ONLY, it just doesn't work, despite everything else seeming fine.
    I do look for the device in every music software I use because they all have a section labeled "MIDI setup" so I ALWAYS go there and its just empty, my keyboard isn't there. But yet I go into my devices and my MPK mini is there and says "Working Properly". I plug it into my laptop, and it works just fine, I plug it in and I'm immediately able to use it.

I say again, I have tried different MIDI keyboards, I have tried different software, I have looked up the problem but everyone else just simply isn't having it install to their computer, mine IS installed, it just isnt working on my desktop ONLY.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Control Panel > Device Manger and find your midi adapter, right click and choose update driver

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice