My Modem for Motorola

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bighomedog11

Hey last night i was plugging my USB in my modem and i accidently stuck it in the Earthnet part and i did not mean too. But know my earthnet part is not work i think i moved the pins or something but i am wondering is there anyway to fix this? Becuse i really need my Earthnet port to work

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Your initial request makes no sense, at least to me. "stuck it in the Earthnet part" ???

What devices are we talking about, and exactly what did you do?

Bighomedog11

OK my Motorola cable modem SB5101 the eathnet port you know how it has ethernet port and a USB port? I stuck the USB in the ethernet port by mistake and when i pull it out i guess i mest with the pins and i moved one out of place or something so know when i try to use my ethernet port it does not work.. And i am wondering is there away to fix it? I have to use my USB to get online know but i am wondering is there away to fix my ethernet port?

There is fine connections inside the port, which you have propably damaged. closer inspection would probably confirm this, unhook it, inspect in good light

Bighomedog11

OK i did hmm ya i think i did is there anyway to fix it? I might just buy a new one and take the broken one back or something..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online