1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Monitor doesn't work right!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregMarchion, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMarchion

GregMarchion Thread Starter

Ok my monitor goes to sleep sometimes and it won't wake up. I have to unplug it for the video card and plug it back in until the next time I want to use my computer.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Have you tryed just turning the monitor off and on? Also go to start,settings,control panel, power management, power schemes, set it to AlWAYS ON, then set turn off monitor to NEVER. BOL

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

Keep in mind that if this is a new monitor you should probably get it fixed while still in warranty. Although I agree that turning off the sleep modes is a good idea and may well stop this from happening, your description makes it sound like the monitor is defective.

The best way to make sure that it is the monitor is to connect it to a different computer and see if the same thing happens.

Of course, if it is out of warranty, it doesn't matter - just disable power saving.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice