1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My monitor falls asleep and I can't wake it up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Debarybabs, Apr 23, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Debarybabs

Debarybabs Thread Starter

My monitor falls asleep and I can't wake it up unless I hit the power button and wait a few seconds until I'm able to wake it up. How can I fix this?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I assume the PC is actually in use when this occurs?

If the PC isn't idle and/or power saving mode isn't invoking, I'd suspect a faulty monitor. You could try switching video inputs if there is another input in common with the computer. IE: swap from HDMI to DVI or VGA (just to rule out an input issue).

3. Lanctus

Lanctus

You can also go into Power/Sleep settings, and config your monitor to not turn off when plugged in.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Also some Monitors have a built-in sleep setting so if still a problem check for that on its onscreen menus and/or in its manual.

5. Debarybabs

I found this on the internet. Did anyone ever use this method to repair a faulty monitor and did it work? Please let me know . . thanks !!

To resolve this issue, perform the following the steps:

Uninstall the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771 driver from device manager.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and clickUninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

Then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82126.exe

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you sure that's the correct graphics driver for your computer and for the version of Windows you have ?
    If it is then installing may help but your link doesn't work for me.

7. Debarybabs

I don't know if that's the correct graphics driver for my computer. I shopped for a new monitor and didn't find one with a built in speaker. Can you recommend one? I would be willing to buy a new monitor and be done with this.

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    The problem could be the computer though. Can you try your monitor on another computer or maybe try a different monitor on your computer ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice