1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My monitor goes black after a while?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hch, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hch

hch Thread Starter

I'm using my computer and "Poof" my screen goes black! I've turned off power management, I,ve put in a new video card, I,ve rebooted over and over till I get a dos screen Then I,m up again but who knows how long annd it will do it again! No rime or reason it seems. What's Up!

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

3. hch

hch Thread Starter

Yes I did look at it, and I really feel my problem is different.
    Could it be Power supply problems?
    I,m going to upgrade to a big momma P4 2-4 (whatever I can get) processor and motherboard so I,m going to be needing a new power suply anyway, But I still thhink it's weird it just started doing it. Nothing feels hot on the board, but one HD seemed abit' hottish.
    I,m right now a amd 700, 128 ram guy now with 2 HD's a cd writer, a regular cd, and a new AIW radeon 7500
    Anyway dats' my story

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) Talking about the MONITOR overheating...not the board or cpu.

Yes a PS issue could cause this. so could bad memory.

5. hch

hch Thread Starter

Well Thanks JTOAST I'm going to replace all dat' stuff including ram anyway so hopefully that will fix it.

Another Ouestion?? Where can I get me that old antique "Windows 98 second addition", FULL Program not upgrade?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice