1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My monitor lacks HDMI port and my PC lacks VGA port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dragdragy, Sep 23, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dragdragy

dragdragy Thread Starter

Hello I just bought a new desktop computer but the thing is, My monitor is an really old one thus it only has a VGA port but my new computer doesn't have it. The question is what can i do aside from buying a new a monitor.
    I have heard of Hdmi to VGA converters and I would like to know if I can use them to solve my problem.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've seen them, but I've not used any to make any recommendations.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I would suspect the new computer has a DisplayPort as they are pretty becoming fairly standard, if so you can by a DisplayPort to VGA adapter or cable. This would be a more standard conversion than going from HDMI to VGA.

Providing more details about your computer like the model number of it and the model of the video card would go a long way to getting a better answer though.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  5. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    I'm in the middle of a Win10 rollout, upgrading hardware in a lot of cases. They are not replacing monitors, though. I've been successfully using DisplayPort to VGA or DVI dongles for months now. Mostly Startech, but I'm sure other makes will work equally well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice