1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My monitor won't come on. No VGA input??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by forrest96, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forrest96

forrest96 Thread Starter

Up until about a month ago, my computer was working great. However, one day when I turned it on the monitor would not display anything, and it would only say "No VGA Input" before going to sleep. I checked the vga cord and it was plugged in. I took it out, rehooked it, and it still wouldn't work.

I turned the computer off and rebooted it and it still did not work. I tried a few more times and once it came up as normal. I thought maybe it fixed itself, but once I turned it off and turned it back on the next day, the same problem occurred. I don't have any computer knowledge whatsoever. I tried looking around on the Internet for solutions and some said that it could be the monitor or my video card could be burned out.

Please somebody help. I don't know what to do.

By the way, my computer is an HP Pavilion Magnesium Gray Edition p6404y with NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated graphics.

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Hi, if you can you should try the monitor with another computer. If you don't have one, take it to a friends house and plug it into theirs. That will tell you if the problem is your monitor or your computer.

Or, if you have a spare monitor available then try plugging that in. That will also tell you if the problem is your monitor or your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice