Solved My motherboard is dead

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Roader

So i have got this pc last year, nothing wrong everything went all right. When after a while it started to boot up then restart one or two times for some days or for a week but then it started working fine again.
Two months ago it started to have this problem again but in a day it didnt even wanted to boot up it just remained in a black screen with no post or everything, every fan was spinning and the motherboard gived the one short one long blink wich means that it is dead or faulty.
I wanted to know a possible cause of this problem or if the motherboard could damage the cpu.
The gpu is still working i tested it, my tought is that i frequently re-seated the rams and i didnt knew that u should touch the bottom part at that timr so maybe one time they could damaged the motherboard or something else.
I can give additional information if needed

how many sticks of ram is there?

Since you say you touched the ram, maybe static electricity kill one piece. Try removing all ram and insert only 1 stick and boot. Then remove that stick and try the other one. Perhaps it will reveal a damaged stick.

Roader

how many sticks of ram is there?

Since you say you touched the ram, maybe static electricity kill one piece. Try removing all ram and insert only 1 stick and boot. Then remove that stick and try the other one. Perhaps it will reveal a damaged stick.

I only have one and i tried to swich the slots and it didnt helped but i am certain that the when i touched the bottom of the ram could of killed the motherboard but i really want to know if the cpu can suffer some damage or if the ram is dead aswell

managed

Allan
The only way to find that out is to swap in a known working Ram stick or Cpu.

managed

Allan
You're welcome, I hope you can fix it.

Also it could be a power supply problem but there again the only way to be sure is to swap in a known working power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online