1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My motherboard says DDr2 Support..newegg says Ddr3?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haseo34, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haseo34

Haseo34 Thread Starter

So, I have the ASUS P5G41-M LE Micro ATX Mobo.
    I checked up some specs on it because I will be upgrading my current "rig"

2.9Ghz Intel Dual Core
    3GB Drr2 800
    1GB Geforce 9400GT

But anyways, Checked online..on newegg
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131622
    It says that I can run DDr3 on this mobo, but when I checked the manual itself from the box, it never mentions ddr3..But this is 100% infact the same mobo.

Any help please?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

P5G41-M LE is DDR2, and the P5G41T-M LE you linked to is DDR3.

If you look at a DDR2 memory slot the keying notch is close to the middle. On DDR3 it is noticably closer to one end.

3. Haseo34

Haseo34 Thread Starter

Ohhh alright, Thankyou very much! I didn't notice the "T" at the end of that Mobo model xD

Sorry for the stupidity!

Also, What would you recommend as an upgrade for gaming? On my rig and what not?
    If so, a link possibly? Looking for something affordable aswell, I try and do intense gaming. Such as Black ops, decent new age games. I currently can run games like New Vegas pretty high or max, So I was just wondering :)

Also..As far as processors. Is there a noticeable performance increase with Core 2 Duo vs Intel Dual Core? How about it compared to a Quad?

4. Haseo34

Haseo34 Thread Starter

Or better yet..What if to save $130 on ONE processor..upgrade the mobo and the processor both to AMD?
    For about 190 I can get
    This MSI AMD Supported mobo CLICK HERE
    Which supports both (Woopty doo) USB 3.0 and DDr3
    Aswell as this 2.9Ghz Quad core Propus AMD Athlon II x4 CLICK HERE

Wouldnt that just be a better investment? To a slow start of an upgrade? Then just snag 4GB of DDr3 for about 50-60? Crucial or Gskill of course ^.^

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice