1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My mouse is mad!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beeblebrox, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Thread Starter

it seems my mouse has a contact problem... half a year ago it was the right button that went mad, but it was OK, cause I didn't use it a lot. Now the left button has also gone mad, making it practically impossible to
    a) select many files at a time from My Computer
    b) paint text to copy or delete
    c) lots of other stuff

when I hold down the left button, it works normally for a while, but then it seems as if the computer lost the signal for a few milliseconds and then got it again, making the computer believe it was a double click... it's really annoying when you try to select many files or text to delete, copy, cut or whatever... when I try to select a bunch of files, suddenly I open one of them... When I try to paint the text, suddenly there's just one paragraph from the middle of the page selected... and it's not just a minor problem that goes away after a few extra attempts. It is impossible to do anything. For example, I couldn't copy this letter into Wordpad after 10 attempts. I managed to do it by clicking the mouse button from the very tip of the mouse (more of that black contact stuff left there), but I don't want to make it a habit, cause it's difficult...
    just now when I tried to move the writing cursor to another place to add a word in this letter, it selected the previous word on 5 attempts until it finally became a normal blinking cursor...

so, do you think cleaning could help? or should I buy a whole new mouse?

2. junker39

junker39

A mouse only cost about 5 bucks for a cheap one. Get one and see if that fixes the problem. Then get a real mouse and keep elcheapo for a spare for the next time.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Cleaning may help, you'd be surprised what kind of crap accumulates on the rollers inside :eek:

4. brite750

brite750

open it up and see how it looks, the 3 rollers get gunk built up on them. take alcohol and q-tips, rub the rollers with the alcohol until it loosens up and comes off, usually makes a big difference. clean the ball with glass cleaner, put it back together and you should notice a big difference, if not new mouse.

5. xgerryx

xgerryx

Definitely give it a good clean. You would be surprised at what they get up to after dark.

Attached Files:

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Lol, and if your cat bats them around too :eek:

7. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Thats why we have a cat in the house. To many mice got wrecked. :p

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice