My mouse is too Fast!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevnasty

My mouse is too fast, even on 1024x768 and mouse acceleration off. How do I half the speed my mouse, so it only moves one pixel when I move it two????

Max19

Account Disabled
Click on Start | Settings | Control Panel | Mouse. Adjust the speed of movement.

Just to beat a dead horse, you have said twice that you have the mouse acceleration set at it's lowest, but what you need to do is set the mouse "Speed" to a lower setting. There should be 2 setting options, acceleration and Speed.

Go into "Control Panel" "Mouse", find the Speed setting and move the slider lower.

IF you meant that you moved the speed setting lower when you said acceleration, then please excuse me for beating said dead horse.

kevnasty

O.K. Guys. Here's the deal.
I have an Adomax AM-888 mouse. It's spec is proud to state that it travels at 800dpi. At this setting the mouse is too fast even with the motion setting in the control panel at its lowest.

the driver for the mouse DOES have settings for 600dpi and 400 dpi.
BUT
when using these settings the mouse is unusably jerky and doesn't move the cursor at all when moving the mouse at low speeds (i need the cursor to be precise). I can move the mouse from one side of the mouse mat to the other and the cursor just stays there until I speed up the movement of the mouse and watch the cursor spasm out of control. (800dpi is precise)
I know this is a driver problem but I dont think the company exists anymore.
It is a ps2 mouse with a serial adapter
What can I do?
Thanks for the previous help but I should have explained it properly in the first place...

kevnasty

It turns out that Adomax do still exist..
It's just their web site was down for a couple of days.
I've sent them an E-mail, so I hope they can sort it out.
Thanks for the advice. If anybody has anymore ideas, dont hesitate to post it.
Thank you.

going to the mouse settings in control panel you should have to options As show in the attached image.

Personally I wish I could set mine faster but it won't go any faster :(

You are saying that you have speed turned down AND the acceleration set to low?

Attachments

Wow, thats scary, I just measured how far my mouse moves in order to cross my screen.

It moves 1cm to cross the entire screen at 1024x768 res.

kevnasty

O.K.
I'm not complaining that my mouse is too fast anymore.
what i'm actually complaining about is that my mouse is too jerky when I set the driver to 600 or 400dpi.
800 dpi is fine, nice and smooth but too fast, even with mouse speed (in control panel) at its lowest setting.

Max19

Account Disabled
Some mice do not act normally when they are connected with adapters. If your computer has a PS/2 port, try connecting it there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online