1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My mp3 player is not working

Discussion in 'Other Mobile Devices' started by manuel1992, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manuel1992

manuel1992 Thread Starter

I tried to update his firmware and now is not working anymore.
    If I turn on I leight turns on but the screen is black. The pc not recognize it (Unknown Device) even the default tools does not recognize it.
    What can I do?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the firmware somehow got corrupted during the update, there is a good chance that there may be no way to restore normal operation to the player.

Someone here may be able to offer further assistance if you told us the brand and model number of the player and how you tried to update the firmware.

3. manuel1992

It's a "s1mp3 player wilson co." I have the cd with Mp3 Player Utilities 4.15 into. There is an option "Mp3 Player Upgrade tool", with this I tried to intall a new firmware.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am not familiar with that product. I did find a web site that offers public domain firmware and offers ways of possibly recovering a dead player and getting Windows to recognize it. The site appears to not have been updated for seven years and it is up to you to decided if you wish to try things on that site. NOTE: Neither TSG or I can be responsible for what happens to your computer or player should you attempt to use any information or files on the linked site.

http://www.s1mp3.org/en/docs_deadrec.php#top

5. manuel1992

I have done everything what in this site say but nothing work

6. Tergelet

Tergelet

You are right, there are greater chance that it got corrupted, depending on the brand of the mp3 player, there could be a chance to restore it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice