My multimode notebook won't charge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gaja92

I have a Medion Akoya MD 99380 and there is very little information online for this model.
The problem is it just won't charge OR turn on. It has 3 different parts with 3 charging ports:
1) Display or the tablet
2) The hinge part
3) Keyboard part
It won't charge in any of those ports BUT when I put the charger in the keyboard part, the bluetooth LED starts blinking so it is showing at least SOME signs of life. But the battery and HDD LEDs are not showing any signs. When I connect the charger to the display part, it shows nothing either.
Please help, I can't find the solution anywhere.

plodr

Liz
I don't speak Danish but it looks like the MD 99380 is model
S6214T.
Source: http://aldi.medion.com/md99380/nord/

It has 2 integrated Li-polymer batteries.
I assume that these batteries are dead/flat.
You can probably only use it now when it is connected to mains/wall outlet.

Since it came out sometime in 2014, that is about the life expectancy of a battery 3- 5 years depending on the number of charges and discharges.

You might need to look for batteries.
Here is one site
https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?sbf=true&msn=30017705&lang=en

I know nothing about the site so don't take my posting of the site as a recommendation.

gaja92

I know about that site but I don't think the batteries are dead cause I can't use it even if it is connected to the charger. Any other thoughts? :/

plodr

Liz
If you can not use it plugged in then there might be a problem with the charging port itself.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online