1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my music files got turned into script files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by evdogg, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evdogg

evdogg Thread Starter

All my mp3s now have a new icon from VBS script and have the .vbs after them in properties. in explorer, they still have .mp3, but winamp doesn't play them. How can i switch them all back to just mp3?

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="Comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Hi there evdogg. :)
    I believe running a thorough virus scan might do you some good.
    If you don't have an Anti-virus program of your own, www.antivirus.com will let you borrow theirs.
    Just click the Free Tools link, and then opt to Scan Your PC, Free.</font>

3. $teve

$teve

right click the file,choose "open with" and then browse to your winamp folder,select the program icon......if it plays ok,repeat the process,this time putting a tick in the box"always use this program to open these files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice