1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Music folder appearing not in Tweek UI special folders

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by oscaroldershaw, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oscaroldershaw

oscaroldershaw Thread Starter

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
    i am trying to designate the my music folder so that it can be recognised by i tunes, as when i try to open this program it fails showing the error notice
    "The folder iTunes cannot be found or created and is required. The default location for this folder is inside the Music folder"
    the apple support site directed me to download and use Tweek UI to change the location of the my music folder, however this folder seems to be unrecognised by Tweek UI as it is not in the list of 'special folders'

Thank you.

2. gdi1942

gdi1942

I would tell Itunes to store in a different location. Maybe you don't have privaledge to that folder. Anways

Edit-->preferences-->advanced tab-> Change on iTunes music folder location

3. dez_666

dez_666

You could manually create a My Music folder if it doesnt exist and give it 'special' atttibutes yourself :D

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Or create the ITunes folder within the My Music Folder if its missing or uninstall and reinstall iTunes.

5. oscaroldershaw

oscaroldershaw Thread Starter

how do i give a folder 'special attributes'?
    thanks

6. dez_666

dez_666

Actually I dont think having a special flag on the folder will change anything. Are you sure the directory exists, and are you sure its your account's My Music you are trying to access? You could always just go into C:\ and make a new directory called My Music..

7. cjw_22

cjw_22

oscar...i am having the same problem!!! i've tried everything...did you find a solution? please let me know as soon as you can. thanks!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice