1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Nero program won't write CD's anymore

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Tron, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

Hi all, I'm having a problem with my Nero CD program, ever since I formatted my computer I can longer get Nero to work, I am using a new CD player with a Nero program that came with it, I've also tried using and old Nero program but get the same problem, I've tried reinstalling the program too a number of times, anyway I'm trying to put some photos from My Pictures onto a disc using the Wizard, everything go's normally right up until I get this box "SAVE IMAGE FILE" ( I have attached a screen shot of the message ) which I can't remember getting before when Nero was working correctly.
    So anyway if I do as it asks and save the file it continues with the burn process and then a couple of seconds later I get the " BURN PROCESS COMPLETED SUCCESFULLY " dialogoue box ( I have attached a screen shot of the message ) except nothing seems to have happened and the blank CD is still blank.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this problem, I've sure run out of ideas. :(

Attached Files:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You've selected the IMAGE WRITER as your recorder, you need to direct it to the actual CD-RW drive.

3. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

Thats what I thought John but I can't for the life of me work out how to re direct it!

4. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

Anyone? :(

5. JohnWill

Cancel the wizard, and then pick Recorder, Choose Recorder, and pick your CD writer.

6. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

My CD writer doesn't show up in my list :confused: ... I can't work out how to put it there, its in the system and it plays CD's but the program refuses to write to it as does another CD creator program I tried. :(

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
  7. JohnWill

Now we're zeroing in on the real problem. :)

Try looking in Device Manager and see what it says about your CD-RW drive. If the properties don't identify it as a CD writer, perhaps removing it and rebooting will get it's mind right.

Attached Files:

8. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

No unfortuately thats had no effect either, I removed the CD player and rebooted but still the same :(

Attached Files:

9. JohnWill

Well, I guess the next step is to uninstall Nero and re-install.

10. Tron

Tron Thread Starter

Well I just plugged in the old CD player in and it picked that up straight away, so for some reason the new player refuses to show up even using the NERO disc that came with it, I think I've got more issues now because I can't even reinstall the NERO program it just blue screens and tells me the disc is dirty, but the old NERO program I have still works with the old player but the old players drawer is broken and I can't use that, I might just buy another CD player, I'm glad computer stuffs really cheap now.

11. JohnWill

Well, it's a bad sign that you can't uninstall Nero, that points to some other corruption...

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/401307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice