1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My netbook touchpad is frozen. Can't do anything! Now what?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tenaciousme, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenaciousme

tenaciousme Thread Starter

A few weeks a go a bought a new LG netbook. Tonight I turned it on and the cursor is just stuck there in the middle of the screen.

I don't use a mouse, just the touchpad, so I can't even attempt to do anything. Everything else seems to be working fine in the background upon boot up and on the desktop, but the cursor won't budge.

Tried to open control panel but obviously can't do that with the cursor stuck. Any options the DON'T involve me having to buy a new USB mouse?

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

2. Fray

Fray

You can go into device manager, delete the touchpad and restart the system and see if that clears it up but it sounds like a hardware issue with either a loose ribbon cable to the touchpad or its just burned out (it happens).

If the netbook is new though perhaps its still under warranty and you can get an RMA for it from the manufacturer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/842876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice