1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my netscape SENT folder wont save outgoing emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by voxpop, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. voxpop

voxpop Thread Starter

hi all
    neither netscape 7.2 or mozilla thunderbird will save my outgoing emails in the SENT folder. outlook express 6.0 will save them but i don't like to use that program. i suspect it's a mozilla problem but i have no idea how to fix it. any suggestions will be appreciated.
    thanx, voxpop

2. hewee

hewee

NETSCAPE & MOZILLA SOLUTIONS
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

Open the email program in netscape and then go up to edit and down to mail & newsgroup account settings.
    Box will come up and high light the copies & folder.
    Then on the right put a checkmark in the box for place a copy in the:
    Should be check below that for the "sent" folder for and a box next to that. that shows the account.

3. voxpop

voxpop Thread Starter

thanx hewee but i already tried that and what happens is i check the proper boxes and as soon as i leave that box and then go back the check marks are gone

4. hewee

hewee

Have you tried it by checking it and then sending email before closing it down?

5. voxpop

voxpop Thread Starter

It Won't Allow Me To Send Mail *until* I Close It Down

6. voxpop

voxpop Thread Starter

Just realized that the box that contains the copies and folders ..not only the SENT box loses the checkmark but so do the DRAFTS and TEMPLATE boxes

7. hewee

hewee

Post over at http://www.windowsbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5 and let Ramona help you out. She knows a lot more and is good at helping out.
    Let us know what the fix was and post a link here to the thread you made there so it can help others out here.

But let me ask did you do everything it says in the clean install?

8. voxpop

voxpop Thread Starter

thanx hewee..its getting too confusing for me...i'll just live with it until i format the HD again..that should solve it..thanx again

9. hewee

hewee

Go to the other site. Ramona is very good at helping and she knows a lot. So let her try ok.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!