1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My network driver is not working :(

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Helpmeplzthx, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Helpmeplzthx

Helpmeplzthx Thread Starter

Hello im on my phone now and posting for help i was just trying to update some drivers when the program crashed in mid procces and guss what it was trying to update my network card fing or somerhing and i need to pay to fix it the program sees (im using driver booster 6) so now i cant use internet on my pc plz help me thz :(

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, and welcome to TSG.

You will probably need to use another computer to download the network hardware drivers and copy them to a USB drive or burn on a disc to install them on the problem computer. You should only download them from the computer manufacturer's website and not some site that claims it has the correct drivers.

If you are getting some kind of message to pay for troubleshooting your driver problems, there is a good possibility that Driver Booster 6 installed some malware on your computer. A malware expert in our malware removal forum may be able to assist you with removing it once you have a working network connection.

3. Helpmeplzthx

Hi tho i do not fink thats nesesary becose driver booster 6 downlodes all the drivers before installing them thats why i use them and i fink you miss under stod me i meant that in driver bosster 6 ther is an optin that sees dix drives its not an pop up pf some sort ita just like existing idk but im pretty sure its safe becose i ran it in virus total and it only gave 2 hits of like 64 and i have loked at tewis on yt and other sites

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Well it did not prove to be too reliable in its use for you - did it.
    Driver Booster and all third party driver finding programs of that ilk are unnecessary and will often offer the wrong driver.
    There are basically only two places to obtain your drivers
    That is the computer/motherboard/hardware manufacturers site
    OR in the case of windows 10 - it is automatic - apart for hardware etc that is not part of the main system

Also your reply, whilst I appreciate English is not your first language is really difficult to read.

My advice like that of my colleague is go to the computer site or the network card - whatever it is - site - download the required drivers
    Save to USB
    Insert the usb in your computer
    Go to the device manager
    right click the network device - under network adapters - click properties
    go to the driver tab
    uninstall the present driver
    REBOOT

go back as before and install the driver from your USB pen.

If you have doubt about what I have said regarding Driver Booster I suggest you read some of the many problems described on IOBit forums
    http://forums.iobit.com/search?r=37205718&p=2

and then read this

https://www.howtogeek.com/198758/never-download-a-driver-updating-utility-theyre-worse-than-useless/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    cwwozniak likes this.
  5. Helpmeplzthx

Ok i will try thst then

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice