My network driver is not working :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Helpmeplzthx

Hello im on my phone now and posting for help i was just trying to update some drivers when the program crashed in mid procces and guss what it was trying to update my network card fing or somerhing and i need to pay to fix it the program sees (im using driver booster 6) so now i cant use internet on my pc plz help me thz :(

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

You will probably need to use another computer to download the network hardware drivers and copy them to a USB drive or burn on a disc to install them on the problem computer. You should only download them from the computer manufacturer's website and not some site that claims it has the correct drivers.

If you are getting some kind of message to pay for troubleshooting your driver problems, there is a good possibility that Driver Booster 6 installed some malware on your computer. A malware expert in our malware removal forum may be able to assist you with removing it once you have a working network connection.

Helpmeplzthx

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

You will probably need to use another computer to download the network hardware drivers and copy them to a USB drive or burn on a disc to install them on the problem computer. You should only download them from the computer manufacturer's website and not some site that claims it has the correct drivers.

If you are getting some kind of message to pay for troubleshooting your driver problems, there is a good possibility that Driver Booster 6 installed some malware on your computer. A malware expert in our malware removal forum may be able to assist you with removing it once you have a working network connection.

Hi tho i do not fink thats nesesary becose driver booster 6 downlodes all the drivers before installing them thats why i use them and i fink you miss under stod me i meant that in driver bosster 6 ther is an optin that sees dix drives its not an pop up pf some sort ita just like existing idk but im pretty sure its safe becose i ran it in virus total and it only gave 2 hits of like 64 and i have loked at tewis on yt and other sites

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
i was just trying to update some drivers when the program crashed in mid procces and guss what it was trying to update my network card fing or somerhing and i need to pay to fix it the program sees (im using driver booster 6)
Well it did not prove to be too reliable in its use for you - did it.
Driver Booster and all third party driver finding programs of that ilk are unnecessary and will often offer the wrong driver.
There are basically only two places to obtain your drivers
That is the computer/motherboard/hardware manufacturers site
OR in the case of windows 10 - it is automatic - apart for hardware etc that is not part of the main system

Also your reply, whilst I appreciate English is not your first language is really difficult to read.

My advice like that of my colleague is go to the computer site or the network card - whatever it is - site - download the required drivers
Save to USB
Insert the usb in your computer
Go to the device manager
right click the network device - under network adapters - click properties
go to the driver tab
uninstall the present driver
REBOOT

go back as before and install the driver from your USB pen.

If you have doubt about what I have said regarding Driver Booster I suggest you read some of the many problems described on IOBit forums
http://forums.iobit.com/search?r=37205718&p=2

and then read this

https://www.howtogeek.com/198758/never-download-a-driver-updating-utility-theyre-worse-than-useless/

Last edited:

Helpmeplzthx

Well it did not prove to be too reliable in its use for you - did it.
Driver Booster and all third party driver finding programs of that ilk are unnecessary and will often offer the wrong driver.
There are basically only two places to obtain your drivers
That is the computer/motherboard/hardware manufacturers site
OR in the case of windows 10 - it is automatic - apart for hardware etc that is not part of the main system

Also your reply, whilst I appreciate English is not your first language is really difficult to read.

My advice like that of my colleague is go to the computer site or the network card - whatever it is - site - download the required drivers
Save to USB
Insert the usb in your computer
Go to the device manager
right click the network device - under network adapters - click properties
go to the driver tab
uninstall the present driver
REBOOT

go back as before and install the driver from your USB pen.

If you have doubt about what I have said regarding Driver Booster I suggest you read some of the many problems described on IOBit forums
http://forums.iobit.com/search?r=37205718&p=2

and then read this
https://malwaretips.com/threads/never-download-a-driver-updating-utility-they’re-worse-than-useless.35499/

The click

Ok i will try thst then

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts