My New Birthday Rig

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HyperHenry

Henry
3 months ago my grandpa asked me for a list of parts I wanted for a new computer he was going to build me for my birthday. He gave me an $800 budget. This was just a research exercise for me because he had already picked out the parts and bought them. These are the specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16341 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (192 GB Free); D: 1274 GB (493 GB Free); E: 97 GB (76 GB Free); F: 1171 GB (666 GB Free); G: 1181 GB (214 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI, Z270 PC MATE (MS-7A72)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I know he spent way over $800 for this awesome computer. It's liquid cooled, has lcd lights that change colors. It does have an annoying quirk I'd like to know if there's a way to get rid of. In the top right quarter is a bright yellow dot that was from the default skin which I changed but it still remains. I tried to post s screenshot but the spot in question didn't appear in it.

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
Is it always present?

Sounds like a bad pixel on the monitor screen (which won't show on a screen capture).

crjdriver

It's My Birthday!
I would tend to think it is a stuck or bad pixel. If you set the screensaver to blank screen, is it there when the ss kicks in?
Yes, he spent way over $800. The 1080 and the 7700k come to well over $800 and that does not include the motherboard, ram, pw supply, and cooling.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online