1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my new motherboard: to return or not return?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jlconferido, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlconferido

jlconferido Thread Starter

i was able to resolve the beeping sounds that come from my msi motherboard. everytime i log on to a limited user account i get four beeps and after testing the ram which has no defects i reset my ami bios to default settings. i got 8 beeps. and to put the story short, the bios beeps are due to an issue with gainward's expertool. i dont get it when i change to an admin account but when i change it back the beeps come back. i removed the expertool and the beeps are gone but one problem: i can not tweak my video card. i guess there is a conflict in the programs of my pc but is the mobo still defective? wht is your opinion? should i return it or not?

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    The program is probably forcing the video card to do something outside its capabilities. What tweaks do you do or apply from this program?

3. jlconferido

well actually the expetool tool utility is on stock settings. what is strange is, the bios beeps when i log on to limited user account. actually, i have a couple of days left to claim advance warranty and i can exchange the motherboard without any fuzz. this is a strange behavior and it makes me think that if the mobo really is defective in a way. never had a strange problem like this before and my ram is fine too. in your opinion should i rma it?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you have questions about it, I think I'd just return it. No sense waiting until you no longer have the option. :)

5. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Yeah, I agree. If it is playing up to such an extent, return it. You might as well get your money's worth out of that warranty.

6. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

Return a motherboard because a particular piece of software doesn't run properly.....
    It's an interesting approach. :rolleyes:

Why not just try a different utility for adjusting your card settings.
    There are hundreds of utilities for ATI and nVidia based cards.......

Like this one:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1264

7. jlconferido

@rumpo-stiltskin
    i know your point but i am just exploring my options and the advance warranty will expire soon. the programs installed in my current system and from my past pc is the same the only difference is, i am using pci-e now and i used only gainward for my previous agp mother board. except for one thing: the beeps. i dont recall getting beeps like that when i was still in agp. its annoying and when i play games, it crashes once in a while.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/480318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice