1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My new Nvidia GT640 is giving me some problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iscriptz, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iscriptz

iscriptz Thread Starter

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3
    Graphics Card: ZOTAC ZT-60201-10L GeForce GT 640
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
    Ram: Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series 16GB
    Pw Supply: Thermaltake TR2 TR-600 600W ATX12V

http://puu.sh/1Wkka/58dc3021fb

I don't know if you can see that or not. It might not show it since its a graphics card problem. But there should be grey horizontal lines running through it all over the place.

I've narrowed the possible problems down to like the graphics card itself being messed up/broken and/or the drivers aren't properly installing.

I also tried to see if the monitor itself was messed up but it isn't because I tried it out on my laptop and the monitor looked perfect.

Yes I have tried various versions of the recommended and not recommended drivers directly from the Nvidia website but it always gives me the same error.

http://puu.sh/1Wktb/37051ddf84

I can never seem to shake this thing and multiple people have had this very same problem but no one ever seem to leave a fix or a possible fix. Besides re-installing the drivers and etc, etc.

Hopefully what information I left here for you guys was helpful!

Thanks,

Lukas

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, you need to post ALL of your exact hardware specs ie the exact pw supply you have installed, what cpu is installed, exact memory installed, etc, etc.

3. iscriptz

iscriptz Thread Starter

Sorry about that, Just updated the thread.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Chances are that the graphics card is just faulty, driver issues shouldn't cause lines in the display and if if these lines show up as soon as you turn the computer on then it's definitely not a driver fault.

5. iscriptz

iscriptz Thread Starter

Just wonderful, $80 down the toilet...

Thanks for the answer! Will try and return on this thing....

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Umm, warranty?

7. iscriptz

iscriptz Thread Starter

Yeah, but I don't want to deal with that hassle.

I'll just throw another $100 into this and get a new one in a few days then wait 2 weeks to get a new one.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It's generally not that much hassle especially if it's within the 30 day period, if it's after that you can go to the manufacturer for warranty. If you don't use the warranty I don't think you should complain about money being wasted/down the toilet.

9. iscriptz

iscriptz Thread Starter

Its my own choice, I just value time more then most people.

I'd rather pay $100 and get a new one and have it working in a couple days then wait 2 weeks and possibly lose $3-4k from me not being able to work.

Thank you again for your help. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice