1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My NF7-S CANNOT DECTECT MY SATA MAXTOR HARD DRIVE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sensationalk, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sensationalk

sensationalk Thread Starter

Hi Guys! Its my first time here I've bought a abit NF7-S motherboard and bought other hardware seperately Dvd rom, Dvd writer, 512 memory, 2800 cpu, 256 mb graphic card, floppy drive, maxtor 200gb sata hard drive.

The problem is I can see it (partion) for a split seconds in the bios when reboot 189 gb and something about ctrl + s or f4 . Some hardware devices are registered dvd rom, dvd rw, floppy etc. when i tried to run windows xp it comes up with (windows cannot continue set up and something about cannot find hard disk and press f3 to quit check to see if power cord attached etc)

I dont know what else to do or press in the set up cmos set up in the Integrated Peripherals what to enable and disable. :( I've check to see if I've connect the hardware correctly and I dont know if the hard drive is not compatible although my board has two (2) sata connectors sata 1 and sata 2. and 2 ide slots.

I need you lots help please .

2. bigbear

bigbear

Have you loaded the sata drivers?

3. digger747

digger747

I have used that board before,been awhile.When I Installed sata hard drive had to press f-6 when installing windows and load drivers from floppy.Floppy gives you several choices.I used Sill 3112 SataRaid controller drivers.was just looking at motherboard manual i had.Thought maybe by now they would of updated bios so you didnt have to do this but i guess not.Should be floppy In box with MB

4. sensationalk

Have you loaded the sata drivers?
    Thanks for your response. I tried to load the driver which comes with the diskette running windows xp then press F6 then Please insert the disk labeled manufacturers-supplied hardware support disk inot Drive A: * Press ENTER when ready. I did I keep seeing at the bottom please wait... the the same prompt again Please insert the disk labeled manufacturers-supplied hardware support disk inot Drive A: * Press ENTER
    The diskette that comes witht eh motherboard is called Sata Driver Disk version 1.33 .\silicon\3112\ .intel\ .\slicon3114\ .\via\ windows r 2000 windows r xp/2003

Dont know what else to do.

5. digger747

digger747

Is your floppy drive hooked up and working correctly?If It is maybe the floppy they sent ya is bad? Might try to go to abit website and download to floppy.Never seen that before.What about the f-lock on your keyboard?Hitting f-6 at approiate time when installing windows?

6. bigbear

bigbear

7. sensationalk

Thanks Bigbear for your response
    I would like you to help me I've found the link you gave me, for me to load on the drivers onto floppy is there a particular way for example load drivers separately unto each floppy disk Please look below:

Sil3112_Sil3114_Intel_VIA Installation Disk
    2004/09/01
    Revision WinNT / 2000 / XP
    v1.33
    Mirror site ASIA Europe US

SiliconImage 3112 SATA Driver
    2004/05/28
    Revision Win9x / NT / Me / 2000 / XP
    v1.0.0.50

nForce Chipset Driver
    2004/06/19
    Revision Win9x / Me(v4.7) Win2000(v4.7) WinXP(v5.1)
    v4.27/v5.1
    Mirror site ASIA Europe US ASIA Europe US ASIA Europe US

nForce2 USB 2.0 Driver
    2004/08/13
    Revision Win9x / Me
    v2.1.7.1

Thanks

8. digger747

digger747

Just download the siliconImage 3112 SATA driver.If ya have trouble let me know and i will mail ya a floppy with the drivers on it.I have several as I have built several systems with that board.The only time I have ever had trouble installing those drivers was when I had my floppy cable turned around and not installed right.Sure your floppy working ok?

9. sensationalk

Hi Dig! I gone far so far pass the set up partion then now I've got this problem
    Insert the disk labelled:
    Silicon Image Sil 3112 SataRaid Driver Installation Disk
    into drive A:
    * Press ENTER when ready.

The problem is I downloaded the file off the website but the file is 3.91 mb how can i put that onto a floppy?

Please help me
    Thanks

10. digger747

digger747

the actual sata drivers are not a very big file.Must be alot more than the sata drivers on that file you downloaded.Open up and explore that file you downloaded then just copy what you need to disk.

11. digger747

digger747

12. sensationalk

Hi Digger I put in the floppy disk the manufacturer diskette. the system runs until I get windows setup
    You have choosen to configre a SCSI Adapter for use with Windows, Using a device support disk provided by an adapter manufacturer. Select the SCSI Adapter you want from the folowing list, or press ESC to return to the previous screen.
    Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller for Windows 2000/xp/2003
    Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller for Windows 2000/xp/2003
    Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller for Windows 2000/xp/2003
    Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATA RAID Controller for Windows XP/Server2003.
    (I tried all the first 1 2 and 3 it windows could not load can't find hard drive
    Silicon is the onlyone which works so i can continue instead of pressing f3 to reboot

I selected the Silicon then enter it starts to read then it states
    Setup will load suppoort for the following mass storage device(s) I CLICK ENTER
    its loading on files
    WINDOWS XP PRO SET UP
    Welcome to setup
    This portion of the set up program prepares Mircosoft etc
    to set up press enter ( I press enter)th then license agreement then i see the THE FOLLOWING LIST SHOWS THE EXISTING PARTITION AND UNPARTITIONED SPACE ON THIS COMPUTER uSE UP DOWN ARROWS ETC TO SET UP WXP PRESS ENTER
    TO CREATE PARTITION IN THE UNPARTITIONED SPACE PRESS C
    TO DELETE THE SELECTED PARTITION PRESS D
    194475 MB DISK 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on si3112r {MBR}
    c: partition1 NTFS 194466MB (194395 MB free
    Unpartitioned space 8MB I WENT ON C:THEN ENTER ETC
    FORMATHEPARTITION USING THEfRMAT THE PARTITION USING THE NTFS FILE SYSTEM NTFS FILE SYSTEM (QUICK)
    LEAVE CURRENT FILE SYSTEM

I went on quick then format the drive Press F ( it starts formatting)
    THE BIG PROB !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting
    The disk or Cd you inserted maybe damaged Press ENTER to try again. Make sure you are using the correct disk or Cd. I f you continue to see this message, try using a different copy of the disk or cd press ENTER TO CONTINUE
    THEN
    Insert the disk labeled
    Silicon Image Sil 3112 Sataraid Driver Installation Disk into drive A Press enter when ready

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW I WENT ON THE WEBSITE THE SAME Silicon Image Sil 3112 Sataraid Driver Installation Disk IS 3.4MB i tried compressing it to put on floppy disk it reads 1.43mb the diskettes keeps ready not enough disk space( the diskette is new) I'M ON PAUSE NOW Dont know what to pick out and leave out to make the system reads the floppy
    PLEASE HELP ME

13. bigbear

bigbear

You seem to be doing everthing correct but when I do a clean install I always do a full format not the quick.

14. sensationalk

How to put larger files on the diskette set up cannot continue unless I've done this part. :(

15. bigbear

bigbear

The sata drivers are 610kb so should downlod to a floppy.
    Are you sure the floppy is empty?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/414299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice