1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Old PC aint starting up...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RT93, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RT93

RT93 Thread Starter

I have a P4 PC .. which has XP installed in it ..
    Its has P4 .. and 512 of RAM ..
    recently there was some renovation in my home .. so i had removed all the wiring and kept it aside ..
    but later on .. i connected all the wires properly .. and i started my PC .. it did start .. i was backing up my data from my old PC ..
    but after few days .. my PC aint starting up .. i turn on the button of the CPU .. it does get turn on(the lights come) .. the CPU fan also starts .. but i am not able to see anything on the monitor..
    i think there is no connection between my old monitor and the CPU/Cabinet .. i tried connecting it to my new LED monitor .. but then came to know it isnt the VGA cable or monitor's fault ..

when i power on there is no beeps of hardware failure .. it just doesnt show up anything on my monitor .. the monitor's power keeps on blinking ..

any suggestions appreciated :)

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

reseat the graphics card in it's slot
    plug in the VGA cable on both ends again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060789