Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My One Plus 128GB phone is Full

762 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
I use google photos. I was told if I delete a photo off my PHONE, the photo is still available online at my photos.google.com. So, I deleted (from my phone) a couple photos I didn't need, then went online to checck my google photo account and the photo wasn't there. It was GONE. I can't seem to get a reliable answer how to....I want to delete the entire Google pic APP off my phone to gain space. Now I'm afraid to do that after my experience. I hope someone can explain and help me. Thank you

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You can make a local backup of your photos. Copy them to a PC or laptop. From there, you could make a second copy on an external drive. Then you can safely delete as many pictures as you want from the phone.

Any data you treasure should be in at least two locations.

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You can make a local backup of your photos. Copy them to a PC or laptop. From there, you could make a second copy on an external drive. Then you can safely delete as many pictures as you want from the phone.

Any data you treasure should be in at least two locations.
I don't know how to backup. Not sure how to copy them to PC. Google said you can export to One Drive or other party (i.e. dropbox), but the process didn't work for me. Thanks for responding

#4 ·
I haven't used Google Photos on an android in a long time, but generally any online storage would mean that the files are stored online and are showing on your phone. Like E-Mail. If you manually delete from one location, you will be deleting it from the server and it will not show anywhere else.

You should be able to use the Free Up Space option to back up your photos. This option should back up your photos before removing them.

Just to confirm, did you confirm that it is your photos/videos that are using the space? I know some other apps may have a large cache and may be contributing to the space.

#9 ·
No, it's photos. My phone has 128 GB...30GB is system, 30GB is APPS, and the remainder is photos
Do you have a laptop or desktop you can use & Create a folder for your photos

1) Connect phone to computer. The power charger cord normally works.
2) If you get a popup on the phone notification asking Charging device swipe down on the message(pic attached)
3) Choose Media Device MTP (Pic attached)
4) Auto play should open on desktop.(Pic attached) If not
5) Open explorer on your computer
6) Click on phone (pic attached)
7) Double click on internal shared storage (Pic attached)
8) Double click DCIM folder
9) Double click Camera
10) One Click on 1 picture to highlight
11) Press Ctrl key + A key on keyboard. This should highlight all.
12) Right Click one of the highlighted image
13) Left click on copy.
14) Open the folder you created
15) Right click in the folder and lift click on paste
16) After you are sure all the photos are safe go back to phone
17) make sure all photos are selected
18) Right click and delete.

At step 4 when/if Auto play opens you could try import pictures and videos
I have not used that in a long time so I cannot remember what happens
Photos wasn't the issue. I kept getting "Images" in my storage, along with "google photos" and "gallery". It took a long time, but I figured it out. I had 500,000 images/video's (69GB worth)in my Telegram APP storage. It took a while, but I got them ALL deleted and changed my settings to "NOT download any media in the Telegram APP. Thank yo for putting forth so much effort to help me. I appreciate it!!!

#5 ·
I use google photos. I was told if I delete a photo off my PHONE, the photo is still available online at my photos.google.com. So, I deleted (from my phone) a couple photos I didn't need, then went online to checck my google photo account and the photo wasn't there. It was GONE. I can't seem to get a reliable answer how to....I want to delete the entire Google pic APP off my phone to gain space. Now I'm afraid to do that after my experience. I hope someone can explain and help me. Thank you
Deleting using what app?

If you deleted them from the Google Photos app then you deleted them from your Google account.

If you deleted them from your phone's photo app then should only be deleted from the phone.

#7 ·
Do you have a laptop or desktop you can use & Create a folder for your photos

1) Connect phone to computer. The power charger cord normally works.
2) If you get a popup on the phone notification asking Charging device swipe down on the message(pic attached)
3) Choose Media Device MTP (Pic attached)
4) Auto play should open on desktop.(Pic attached) If not
5) Open explorer on your computer
6) Click on phone (pic attached)
7) Double click on internal shared storage (Pic attached)
8) Double click DCIM folder
9) Double click Camera
10) One Click on 1 picture to highlight
11) Press Ctrl key + A key on keyboard. This should highlight all.
12) Right Click one of the highlighted image
13) Left click on copy.
14) Open the folder you created
15) Right click in the folder and lift click on paste
16) After you are sure all the photos are safe go back to phone
17) make sure all photos are selected
18) Right click and delete.

At step 4 when/if Auto play opens you could try import pictures and videos
I have not used that in a long time so I cannot remember what happens

Attachments

#8 ·
You'd first better check what actual photos you have in the cloud. You might not have everything stored there, unless you have less than 15GB (and no email) or you purchased more storage.
As of June 1, 2021, any new photos or videos you back up in High quality (now named Storage saver) or Express quality will count toward your 15 GB of Google Account storage or any additional storage you may have purchased as a Google One member.
I've never used google photos. I simply connect my phone/android tablets to one of our computers and move or copy the photos to the computer. I then decide if I want to keep a picture, in which case I store it on an sd card, microsd card, USB stick or burn it to a picture data cd.

See if this works to get the deleted photos back:
1. At the bottom, tap Library
and then
Trash. Everything you see in your trash can be recovered, but items will be permanently deleted after 60 days in the trash.
2. Touch and hold a photo you just deleted.
3. At the bottom, tap Restore. This will put the photo back into the Photos section of the app.

#10 ·
Have you checked in the trash bin on your google photos. Maybe you may have some pictures in there unless you emptied the trash bin. You can download the pictures from your computer using your phones gmail account as previously mentioned. I have done it a few times. You also have the option to buy more space if needed for a fee per year or monthly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.