1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My OS Is Vary Slow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by computeryarly, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computeryarly

computeryarly Thread Starter

Hey guys my specs are
    Dell dimension 2300
    windows xp pro sp2
    1.8 ghz pentium 4 cpu
    786mbs of sd ram
    150gb hard drive

its an old computer but we have upgraded it now my mum use's it any way

my computer starts up vary strangely when it starts loading up we all know the loading screen of windows xp any way it loads then freez's for a fiew seconds then loads then freez's and so on then loads up thats 1 problem 2nd problem is when we connect our ethternet cabel the computer goes ultra slow the mouse dont work the keyboard dont work its like it froze it works fine with out the ethernet cabel iam wondering what to do about it any sergestions?

i hope you can solve this issue with out us needing to go to a computer shop or something

2. computeryarly

is any one going to reply to my post ?

3. computeryarly

some one please help me with this problem

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
    Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
    Save the file to your desktop.
    Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
    At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
    Open a TechSupportGuy forum Reply window under Internet & Networking in Security for this thread, to have ready to paste the Hijackthis log into. Click once to place the typing cursor in the reply window.
    At the top of your TSG/browser window, hit Edit then Paste
    You should see your copied Hijackthis log appear in the reply space....then, submit the reply and copy and paste the link in the address bar back to the original thread you were in.
    DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You can start out by being patient and quit posting THREE times within 58 minutes. We're all volunteers and do this on our own time.

Post a HijackThis log like you were requested to do.

A 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 processor with 768 MB of RAM will handle Windows XP just fine, as long as it doesn't have a bloated startup list and is full of "nasties".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. computeryarly

lol sorry how am i supposd to get HijackThis onto the system when it keeps freezing all the time?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would first try a new cable and then try a pci ethernet card or running the modem on usb which it probably would accomodate.

8. computeryarly

hey guys i found it its a virus and its going down as soon as i get norton updated i found all these exe's in the task manager i think their virus's i ended them and the net is workin im updateing norton and the virus is going down

9. computeryarly

ok guys i found out it wasnt a virus but i carnt stop it being slow at least the net is working on it now but its ultra slow but also it dont freez so its better then it was befor

downloading HijackThis ill send in the results in a min or 2

10. computeryarly

lol dont worry guys i sloved the problem my self with out hijack this i just used counterspy and norton and the spyware was gone now the computer is back to normal

11. computeryarly

you guys should delete this thread or rename it to sloved what ever you guys do

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to close the thread yourself and thanks for notice! Tools are on top left side...

13. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice