1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved My Outlook is corrupt and I want to flush Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Pbman, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

I woke up today to needing a repair tool to fix my Office 365/Outlook. When it finished I lost all my emails from yesterday and any new emails.

I decided to delete and reinstall and it bright back data from any personal file it found.

I know there is a PST folder and I found that but touch it until I heard back from the forum.

I want to total flush any remaining files and start a new download as if it was the first time.

Can that be done?

Thanks

2. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

Anyone please?

3. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    I am confused... If your email provider is Office 365 then you should not have a PST file if your Outlook is configured correctly.
    Before you do anything else, log into the web interface of office 365, go to the Outlook page and confirm that your email is all there.
    https://login.microsoftonline.com

Once you have confirmed that it is all there, then you can re-do your Outlook configuration without fear of losing your mail.
    Go into control panel, and find the mail control.
    In that, you can delete your email profile. don't delete the mail file itself.
    When you start up Outlook, it will ask for your Email address and password so that it can set up your account again.
    If you do have a PST file, (an archive perhaps) you can open it as a separate email folder once your primary Office 365 email account is set up.

4. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

I'm lucky because going on line to the office 365 site, all my mail is there.

I'll give you steps a try later.

Thanks very much!

PS -another weird thing is that on the email address that was corrupt. Three 3 other members of our 365 account were listed on the left panel name list. Their inboxes were listed but with no emails shown. This happened a couple days ago.

5. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    I can't really help you with your PC in this kind of a forum. Professionally I would log on to your panel and have a look at what you are talking about, but that is not how this forum works.
    What I can suggest is using the chat support that is included with Office 365.
    In your Microsoft 365 admin center down at the bottom right there is a "Need Help?" button Try that.

6. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

IT WORKED!
    Thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice